Hi everyone! We continue a series of short interviews with the best artists from Hum3D competitions.
Yakimova Marianna, the author of great work “Janet & Bertram Tung. And Theresa”, which got Hum3D team choice on Video Game SuperStar Challenge, will answer on five questions and give us a look behind the scenes of his winning entry.
– Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m a CEO and art director of my personal 3D art studio Pompidou. We produce high quality CGI for international clientele for such production fields as film, games, advert, brand design.
I first joined Hum3D competition when I was a freelance designer and I made an illustration for the “adventure of the new worlds” which was around 2 years ago. Since that time I tried not to miss any events and entered the challenge 3 times. Last time I was lucky to get a “team choice” award.
– Where did you find the inspiration for your latest entry?
From the Humster3D community. Every time, new talented artists are introduced whose works inspire a lot.
– Please tell us your five short tips for creating realistic renders?
The rules are simple and well known:
– work on composition;
– good light (I find that this is the point where all the magic happens);
– believable materials;
– No matter how hard you try to make a realistic render, you will end up editing it in Photoshop. So don’t be ashamed to draw on top of your render;
– take your time and you’ll get there.
– Could you please share more of your works? Which one is your favorite and why?
My latest work “Pink dress” – is my most successful till now. It took me the least effort and end up the best I made so far. (In my opinion) This work reflects my views on the world, this work is part of me.